Most job seekers will use a recruitment company at some stage in their career. There are hundreds of recruitment agencies in Ireland from large multinationals to niche agencies employing handful of consultants. Choosing the right agency is key to ensuring you have a great candidate experience.
1. Do your research – Search Google & LinkedIn for agencies that specialise in your sector. Once you have identified suitable agencies then do a LinkedIn search of their consultants. Consultants should have a detailed bio on the agencies website and their LinkedIn page. Also look out for testimonials from clients and candidates.
2. Email the relevant consultant with your up to date cv and a cover letter outlining what type of role you are looking for.
3. If possible, make yourself available to meet with your chosen consultant – It’s a lot easier for the consultant to represent you if they have met with you face to face.
4. Ensure you know where your CV is going – recruitment agencies must have your consent before they send your CV to a company.
5. Be responsive if your consultant is trying to contact you. Keep in touch with us and regularly update your details such as contact details, availability, role criteria.
6. Remain professional and polite and treat an agency as if they were the employer.
7. Keep track of what positions you are applying for to ensure your cv is not submitted to the same company twice.
8. Finally take the advice/interview tips provided by your consultant. Consultants often have direct contact with hiring managers and have the inside track on what the key criteria are for the role – this can be over and above what is written on any job description.
To read why you choose Abrivia to secure your next role, please click here>>>