Assistant Accountant wanted for Global Insurance Group-Dublin West
Abrivia are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join our client, a Global Insurance Group, based in Dublin West. This role will work on a small finance team and will report directly to the Head of Finance.
The ideal candidate will have a background within Insurance or Financial Services, and they will have previously worked within the preparation of management accounts and regulatory returns. You will have the opportunity to get hands on experience across the entire finance function and work on any new projects within the group.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts and reporting pack
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements
- Preparation of annual budget, 5-year business plan and quarterly forecasts in close collaboration with the Underwriting team and Head of Finance
- Reporting to group in accordance with group accounting guidelines
- Preparation of Central Bank of Ireland Quarterly and Annual returns (Solvency II)
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide analytical and business support to the insurance team and senior management
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of Corporation Tax, VAT & Insurance Premium Tax calculations and filings in conjunction with tax advisors and agents
- Controlling and maintenance of the integrity of financial data in the SAP general ledger
- Maintenance of internal accounting procedures
- Manage accounts payable function in conjunction with the team assistant
- Manage cash and banking arrangements, day to day liquidity needs and reporting to group treasury.
- Other ad-hoc financial reporting
- Part qualified (preferably final stages)
- Experience in insurance accounting
- Solvency II reporting experience a distinct advantage
- Prior experience using SAP an advantage
- Strong attention to detail and have a quality focus
- Needs to be well organised, have a management aptitude and have a flexible approach to work responsibilities
- Hands on type person who is pro-active, self-motivated and willing to work on his/her own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise at all levels
- Strong analytical skills
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV or alternatively call Tadhg at 01 9052560. Applications are in strict confidence.
Job Reference: TXK10671_1568302313
Salary: €0.00 - €0.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP