Assistant Technical Manager
Our client, a leading Food Company are now seeking an Assistant Technical Manager to join their team in Kildare. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established and supportive team. The ideal candidate will participate in the development and maintenance of the Quality and Food Safety systems to customer, third party standards, and regulatory requirements ensuring adherence to relevant legislation.
- Manage the approval of new raw material, packaging or miscellaneous suppliers.
- Assist Technical Manager in implementing the internal audit programme to ensure Quality System compliance.
- Implement and Maintain detailed specifications and quality standards.
- Participate fully in external audits for food safety and quality audits for customers, governing bodies (BRC/ Dept. of Agriculture) and other regulatory authorities.
- Implement microbiological, chemical and physical testing schedules in accordance with agreed programme and budget.
- Report non-conformances and drive root cause analysis.
- Drive and implement plant wide Process & Quality System Improvements.
- Challenge processes food safety systems and maintain and review the plans as part of the HACCP team.
- Ensure raw material, process and finished product evaluation and verification is completed as required within production.
- Manage queries or complaints from customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the document control and maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- 4 years in a similar role in a FMCG or food retail environment.
- Diploma or higher in a Food Science related subject
- Internal auditor certification is preferential
- Level 5 or higher HACCP certification
- Data analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools
- A good understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems with strong knowledge of food legislation, BRC Global Food Standard and specific customer standards and Codes of Practice
- Ability to communicate effectively with and present to Customers, suppliers, stakeholders & Senior Management
- Ability to work cross functionally, meet deadlines and build effective relationships.
An excellent remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant that reflects the seniority and importance of the role.
KEYS: assistant technical services manager, technical services manager, junior technical services manager, operations manager, services manager, facilities service manager.
Job Reference: BBBH10633_1566299198
Salary: €0.00 - €0.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Kildare
Job Industry: Sales