Commercial Underwriter wanted for General Insurance Company-Dublin
Abrivia are currently recruiting for a Commercial Underwriter to join our client, a leading General Insurance Company, reporting directly into the Commercial Lines Manager. You will have the opportunity to play an active role in the growth of the company’s Commercial book and be the go too expert within the team.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a Commercial Underwriting role and they will be CIP qualified or higher. You will work across all Commercial Lines and support the development and growth of the team.
- Actively contributing to the successful growth and development of the Commercial Lines business, through the acquisition of medium to large cases and portfolios, while ensuring quality risk selection.
- Helping develop and successfully implement product strategies and actively participating in the review of the performance of selected lines of business, with particular emphasis on growth and quality risk assessment.
- Underwriting Commercial business in accordance with agreed standards and limits to deliver planned financial results.
- Providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Proposing and developing implementation plans to develop growth and improve quality.
- Assisting in the development and mentoring of staff in technical insurance matters.
- Demonstrating initiative whilst operating within a team structure and setting high standards of professionalism in all business dealings.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team and with colleagues in other parts of the organization to provide excellence in service standards to our customers.
- Regular reporting to key stakeholders on new business growth, opportunities, business quality, trends (internal & external) and market developments.
- Any other duties/responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned in line with company requirement.
- Achieved Professional Insurance Qualifications; ACII qualification is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Commercial Lines underwriting.
- Strong technical understanding of Insurance products and underwriting disciplines.
- Strong market & industry knowledge and experience.
- Proven track record in applying critical thinking as part of the underwriting process.
- Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment.
- A pragmatic decision maker with solid underwriting assessment and reasoning skills and an ability to work on own initiative
- Quality focused to provide excellent service to all customers and meet deadlines as required
- Ambitious and energetic in their approach to their work and possess a positive outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated record in building working relationships within team units and with other internal and external stakeholders.
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV or alternatively call Tadhg at 01 9052560. Applications are in strict confidence.
Job Reference: TXK10563_1562945225
Salary: €0.00 - €0.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP