Internal Controls Officer wanted for Global Insurance Company-Dublin City
Abrivia are currently recruiting for an Internal Controls Officer to join our client within their Assurance Team. This role will report into both the Chief Risk Officer and into the Head of Compliance.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Insurance/Reinsurance, and they will have worked previously in an Audit/Internal Controls/Compliance/Risk role. This role plays an important role within the company and the successful candidate will get the opportunity to work closely with a number of different functions.
- Assist the Assurance Manager in the planning, management and completion of the annual Assurance Plan
- Completion of individual reviews including the production of written reports with clear findings, recommendations agreed with relevant senior management with clear ownership and achievable dates for resolution.
- Monitor the progress of Management Action Plans resulting from Assurance audit reviews through liaising with key stakeholders and updating the action tracking database accordingly.
- Provide written status reports to the Assurance Manager.
- Provide advice within the group on the design, development and assessment of controls across the company.
- To identify, build and maintain relationships with appropriate members of the business within assigned relationship management areas
- Previous experience in Audit/Internal Controls/Risk environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive influencer with ability to influence and challenge people to secure a change in behaviour in the management of risk.
- Well organised and capable delivering key assurance objectives across the organisation.
- Good working knowledge of all relevant legislation including Consumer Protection Code, Minimum Competency Code, Data Protection Acts, Solvency II, relevant applicable general legislation and any other regulatory requirements issued by the Central Bank of Ireland
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, showing a pragmatic and logical approach to decision making.
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Tadhg in Abrivia Recruitment or call Tadhg on 01 905 2560. All applications will remain in strict confidence.
Job Reference: TXK10662_1567523257
Salary: €0.00 - €0.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP