Title: Procurement Officer
Salary: €40k to €45k
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Officer with a global organisation based in Dublin.
The Procurement officer will support and improve the efficiency of the procurement function by streamlining the purchasing procedures by prompt and accurate administration and processing, in addition to providing support to the commercial department.
- Ongoing commercial management of suppliers ensuring contract compliance, delivery to SLAs and delivery of ongoing commercial opportunities.
- Ensure effective supplier relationship management applied and ensure supplier numbers are appropriate for the category that will improve performance, reduce costs and minimise administration.
- Effectively manage risk and minimise accordingly ensuring business continuity.
- Select appropriate suppliers who can deliver the service that best meets the Purchasing strategy and assures contract compliance and SLA deliverables.
- Implement and manage supply and service level agreements/contracts that achieve cost, delivery, quality, innovation, zero harm and service targets as required by the business
- Manage the on-boarding of new sub-contractors and suppliers from start to finish including reviewing all the returned sub-contractors packs for completeness including insurances, HSEQ certs and passes prior to issuing to the relevant department managers for approval.
- Liaise with Finance Dept to ensure that all responsibilities are completed to allow payments to suppliers and subcontractors to be issued tin accordance with the applicable payment schedules.
- Manage the processing of sub-contractor orders and variations to existing orders on Oracle from start to finish
- Maintain the Approved Sub-contractor Directory to ensure that all the information is accurate and current
- Maintain the Approved Sub-contractor Insurance Register ensuring that all the information is accurate and current and that a hard and electronic copy of the current insurance documents are held
- Apply the policies and procedures set out by the Company and adopt them accordingly as part of a pragmatic business support strategy.
- Ad hoc duties as direct by the Commercial Manager from time to time.
- Purchasing qualified (or studying towards qualification or equivalent)
- Proficient in Oracle system and MS Excel
- Highly organised with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Attention to detail and ability to multi task essential
- Self-Motivated and ability to work on own initiative
Job Reference: BBBH10583_1564062212
Salary: €40000 - €45000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP