Project Accountant / FP&A Analyst – Contract Role 3 to 6 months
Our client is a leading company who operate in the FMCG and Retail space are currently seeking to appoint a FP& A (Financial Planning & Analysis) / Project Accountant or Trade Analysis Manager. The role is a Contract position with an immediate start.
The Project Accountant / Trade Analysis Manager / FP&A Analyst is responsible for the development of Sales Budgets, ROI sales forecast and reporting of ongoing sales performance. The role will also work with stakeholders across the Finance, Customer, Channel and Product to ensure the forecast is understood and any business changes incorporated as required. The role reports to the Head of Product/Customer Finance.
- Ensuring accurate and well understood annual forecasts for the business to support Budget and Long-term plan cycles
- Provide periodic/weekly updates on our annual forecast, building in impacts/changes due to current trends, updated business plans, trade driving initiatives and competitive/market dynamics
- Engagement with external agencies to understand performance context. Including researching long term macro-economic trends and understand how they affect the company
- Working with the business and the support team to understand drivers of performance and incorporating the impacts for future forecasts
- Responsible for the clear communication of the forecast and trade performance by overseeing the reporting and commentary as well as through weekly leadership trade meetings
- Work with stakeholders across the entire ROI business to ensure consistency and alignment of forecast and performance reporting through the lens of Products and channels
- Provide accurate reports on activity to support the customer team to improve performance
- Local lead on group forecasting projects (one Forecast roll out)
- Ad-hoc analysis to understand the implications of various business decisions on trade such as customer investments / events / Promotions etc
- Write/present exec level papers and presentations
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ ACA or CPA) with 1 to 3 years’ experience
- Business Partner or FP&A experience desirable
- Strong numerical and analytical expertise
- Very strong communication and persuasion skills
- Proven track record of working to agreed deadlines, multitasking and attention to detail
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) – Excel manipulation and working with large data volumes key
- Strong understanding of FMCG and or retail market
- Drafting / Reviewing financial business cases
An excellent remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant that reflects the seniority and importance of the role.
KEYS: Project Accountant; Contract Accountant; Interim role; Trade Analysis Manager; FP&A Analyst; Financial Planning & Analysis Manager; Finance Business Partner; Project Accountant; Commercial Accountant; Financial Accountant; Financial Analyst; Trade Analysis Manager; Recently qualified accountant; FMCG; Consumer Goods; Retail.
Job Reference: BBBH10618_1565628460
Salary: €60000 - €65000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 3 to 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Dublin
Job Industry: Accountancy & Finance