Senior Underwriter wanted for Global Reinsurance Group-Dublin City
Abrivia are currently recruiting for a Senior Underwriter to join our client, a Global Reinsurance Company, based in Dublin City. This role will focus on Emerging Markets on a Global scale and will play an important role in the development and management of a large book of business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical underwriting background either within Reinsurance or the Non-Life Insurance market. The role will require extensive travel across the relevant markets with a base out of Dublin.
- Responsible for the overall sound and sustainable technical underwriting, management and development of the business portfolio of accepted reinsurance treaties and facultatives
- Review of underlying products and risks, monitoring performances and evaluation of economic, political and legal backgrounds of the business
- Supporting Risk Underwriting team by providing technical-commercial underwriting input during the analysis of treaty special acceptance requests, facultatives and exposure reviews
- Review and development of wordings and other related documents, monitoring their compliance with prior approved terms and conditions
- Consulting and assisting colleagues within the underwriting department/other departments and clients with procedures, strategies and management
- Comprehensive claims control and claims management before submitting it to other departments for further process
- Supporting the audit of clients and prospects in the region, including training and seminars
- Development and review of underwriting strategy for the region, visit reports and other papers
- Continuous client relationship building and frequent visits/travel to the region
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working within the Reinsurance/Insurance industry
- Strong client relationship and client building skills
- Fluent English with a second European language a bonus
- Ability to multi-task and work cross functionally
- Ability to work independently from management and with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel on a global scale
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Tadhg in Abrivia Recruitment or call Tadhg on 01 905 2560. All applications will remain in strict confidence.
Job Reference: TXK10548_1562602253
Salary: €0.00 - €0.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP